We believe in the below foundational truths that affirm the identity of Jesus Christ and His redemptive work.
1. There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. Jesus Christ, as the only begotten Son, is one in the divine essence with the Father and Holy Spirit, yet was also fully human, being equally man and God. He was conceived by the Spirit and born of a virgin, had a sinless life, performed great miracles, died on a cross as atonement for sins, was raised up on the third day, ascended into heaven, and is now seated at the right hand of the Father, and will one day return to reign amongst those that believe in Him.
Matthew 1:22-23; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-5; John 14:10-30; Hebrews 4:14-15; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Romans 1:3-4; Acts 1:9-11; Timothy 6:14-15; Titus 2:13
3. Christ’s blood was shed as a substitutionary sacrifice so that sinful, lost mankind could be reconciled to God, and have the gift of salvation and eternal life by turning to him in repentance and faith. Those who are in Christ are then new creations in which the old self has died and the new self has been raised up with Him. Being baptized in/with Him is symbolic of an inward regenerated heart, mind and soul that is then subjected to his lordship and led by His Spirit. When we are looking to Him as Savior, we are no longer bound by sin and death and are able to take part in His grace to receive the eternal heaven waiting that He has prepared for us.
Mark 1:15; John 3:3, 7, 16; Acts 16:31; Romans 6:3-7, 8-11, 23; 2 Corinthians 5:16-19; Ephesians 2:1-7, 8-10; Titus 3:5
4. We believe that Jesus is the only way to salvation. He is the way, the truth, and the life.
John 14:6; Acts 4:11-12
5. His Holy Spirit indwells in us once we believe and is our guide for all things, and will lead us to a righteous walk of faith and fruitfulness.
Acts 5:32; Romans 5:5; Galatians 5:22; Ephesians 1:13
6. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2 Timothy 3:15-17
7. We have been commissioned as disciples of Christ Jesus to take the message of the gospel throughout the earth; baptizing all peoples in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He promised that His Spirit would equip them for this endeavor and that He would be with us always.
Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 1:7